We must cultivate our own garden. ~Voltaire
Organic gardening is our first step to sustainability.
- Brentwood Urban Farm
- Bee the Change Nursery
- The Help Group School Garden
- Bel Air Country Club Garden
- Carmelina CommuniGreen Gardens
- Tuhaye Mountain Garden
What We've Accompished
- We plant and maintain the school garden at the Help Group in Los Angeles, have planted school gardens in San Diego and at Bel Air Country Club.
- We spearheaded the CommuniGreen program with the City Council of Los Angeles.
- We've helped five homes on our street start and maintain organic home gardens.
- We give tours and hold events at Brentwood Urban Farm where folks interact with our 7 chickens, fresh fruits and vegetables, xeriscaping, composting, and cool water-saving technologies.
- We've adopted the streets of our Brentwood neighborhood by cleaning up litter multiple times each week.
- We attend and sponsor quarterly beach clean-ups in the Los Angeles and San Diego areas.
- We've transformed a San Diego home into a sustainable, organic home with vegetable gardens, fruit trees, rain barrels, solar panels, compost bins and artistic xeriscaping.
- Our next project is to transform our home in the Deer Valley, Utah into a sustainable mountain farm.